Learning from other Schools - Hearing from Thornleigh High School in Bolton- Would this help to inspire your work in school?
Bullet point some of the activities initiated / developed in school as a result of being involved in the I Can project and attending the early training in Turin
- We have now developed a student Global Leaders leadership group who regularly meet to discuss key climate ideas and also work on delivering whole school assemblies such as for Earth Day and World Youth Day.
- I have delivered the information to the Bolton Learning Partnership MFL and Geography HUB and we will be leading a COP in the summer term.
- Sustainability Uniform group who work on collecting old school uniform and redistributing it amongst our community
- Written letters to school abroad about climate issues
- Prom dress / suit hire initiative
- Begun to develop our sustainable Science and Chaplaincy gardens
- Set up an Eco-Group and developing their work to become Green Blue Peter Badge owners
- Launched whole school activities on sustainability
- taken part in a COP with Rainford consortium
- Taken part in an on-line COP
- Taken part in a Justice and Peace forum post COP 27
- looking at delivering more work to the whole staff as I have already worked with a small cohort of individual staff
- Arranging a trip to visit Newcastle University to look at sustainability
- Global Dimension Team across the staff
- working with climate charities and organisations across the world
Topic starter Posted : 25/04/2023 12:21 pm